    SubjectRe: [microblaze-uclinux] Re: Microblaze Linux release
    Hi Steve

    >>> * the consistent.c implementation looks strange. Is any of that code
    >>> even used anywhere? What is it good for, considering that you don't
    > have
    >>> an mmu?
    >> We have prepared MMU code. I hope that this code for FDT kernel comes
    > soon.
    >> This code is written by John Williams. I have never changed it. I see
    > that this
    >> code solves problems around ucached_shadows stuff.
    >>
    > http://developer.petalogix.com/wiki/UserGuide/AdvancedTopics/EnablingUnc
    > achedShadow
    >> JW. Can you comment this?
    >
    > It probably makes sense to grab: arch/microblaze/mm/dma-coherent.c from
    > git.xilinx.com and drop consistent.c. I believe this is the more
    > 'modern' way to implement this functionality. I think it's easiest for
    > you to just grab this file.

    I'll look at it.

    >>> * Your dma_mapping.h does BUG() for almost everything. I suspect you
    > could
    >>> easily replace it with a trivial implementation, like the x86_32
    > one.
    >> OK. I'll synchronize this.
    >
    > This is also in git.xilinx.com.

    ok.

    >>> * You don't seem to have any code for PCI, so the pci.h and
    > pci-bridge.h
    >>> files don't make much sense.
    >> Yes you are right. I don't have any PCI code but I think that this
    > code for MB
    >> exists. Steve or John: Do you have any code for PCI?
    >
    > I'd recommend dropping anything having to do with PCI: I don't know that
    > there is much interest in it on microblaze.

    I think I'll do it

    > Other comments:
    >
    > memset/memmove/memcpy are broken under gcc4. There are fixed versions
    > of this at git.xilinx.com. Again, it's probably easiest if you just
    > grab the files directly.

    NO. I fixed it. The problem was different as wrote Jan Engelhardt in previous
    email. Changes are in repository. You have in xilinx repository only byte copy
    and huge if 1 else endif. This is not acceptable. That's only as my explanation.

    > It would also be good to have irq_of_parse_and_map, which drivers will
    > need. I'll send you a patch for this one.

    This parts of code is coming with uartlite driver.

    Thanks for your comments,
    Michal

      Last update: 2008-04-19 12:47    [W:2.901 / U:0.016 seconds]