SubjectRe: [v2.6.26] what's brewing in x86.git for v2.6.26
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:30:25 +0200 Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

> > > ... hm, i think there's really no problem here at all: most of the
> > > merge problems you cited were due to clearly out-of-tree patches
> > > that sit in x86.git/testing for the convenience of our testers and
> > > contributors, that we have no intention to push upstream.
> >
> > Are those out-of-tree patches also in linux-next? [...]
>
> yes they are.
>
> > [...] The page-flags and prctl changes are there. And those are
> > planned for 2.6.26, aren't they?
>
> you mean kmemcheck? Yes, that's planned. We've been working 4 months
> non-stop on kmemcheck to make it mergeable and usable, it's at version 7
> right now, and it caught a handful of real bugs already (such as
> 63a7138671c - unfortunately not credited in the log to kmemcheck). But
> because it touches SLUB (because it has to - and they are acked by
> Pekka) i never had the chance to move it into the for-akpm branch.

Does it really really really need to consume one of our few remaining page
flags? We'll be in a mess when we run out.

> i guess this will all sort itself out when you rebase -mm to linux-next.
> Stephen Rothwell is doing an excellent job of resolving interactions
> between trees.

Yep I expect it'll help in several ways. (That's why I suggested it!)

  Last update: 2008-04-17 12:03    [W:0.102 / U:0.484 seconds]