    SubjectRe: nfs: infinite loop in fcntl(F_SETLKW)
    > Apologies, that was indeed a behavioral change introduced in a commit
    > that claimed just to be shuffling code around.

    Another complaint about this series: using EINPROGRESS to signal
    asynchronous locking looks really fishy. How does the filesystem
    know, that the caller wants to do async locking? How do we make sure,
    that the filesystem (like fuse or 9p, which "blindly" return the error
    from the server) doesn't return EINPROGRESS even when it's _not_ doing
    an asynchronous lock?

    I think it would have been much cleaner to have a completely separate
    interface for async locking, instead of trying to cram that into
    f_op->lock().

    Would that be possible to fix now? Or at least make EINPROGRESS a
    kernel-internal error value (>512), to make it that it has a special
    meaning for the _kernel only_?

    Thanks,
    Miklos

      Last update: 2008-04-13 10:31    [W:0.041 / U:94.800 seconds]