SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH] cpuset: cpuset irq affinities
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Paul Jackson <pj@sgi.com> wrote:
> implementation, just with a less natural cpuset hierarchy (more leaf
> node cpusets, representing the cross product of interesting CPU subsets
> and interesting memory node subsets.)

Except that this isn't currently possible if you're also trying to do
memory hardwalling on those cpusets, since then sibling cpusets can't
share memory nodes.

Having said that, this bit of the problem can be fixed without
splitting cpus/mems, by my other earlier proposal of adding a separate
"mem_hardwall" flag that can enable the hardwall behaviour without the
exclusive behaviour. (i.e. hardwall behaviour occurs if mem_exclusive
|| mem_hardwall)

Paul

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans