SubjectRe: -rc3 regression (was Re: 2.6.25-rc2 + smartd = hang )

bzolnier@gmail.com said:
>> On Tuesday 04 March 2008, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
>> Untested patch which may help in case that set_pio_mode() raced with
>> the queueing of the special request and block layer doesn't call
>> ->request_fn_proc again if we were preempted previously (if PREEMPT=y).

> I need some sleep... this patch is not going to help (though disabling
> PREEMPT may be worth a try). Sorry for the confusion.

Ok, I'll drop the patch and, recompile without PREEMPT.

bzolnier@gmail.com said:
> If the patch doesn't help could you try removing smartd from system startup
> and see if it could be run later from the command line?

That's how I executed during the bisect. It works as a charm without smartd.
The moment I run it, boink, the first accessed hd freezed up. The other ones
are usable for a while, though the system tend to lock solid after a while.

/A

  Last update: 2008-03-04 11:01    [W:0.166 / U:0.760 seconds]