    SubjectRe: 2.6.24-rt1 IRQ routing anomaly
    Steven Rostedt wrote:
    > On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Jon Masters wrote:

    >>> Thanks for verifying. OK, I'll see if I can get the workaround on i386.
    >> What's the situation with this one? Want me to look at it?
    >
    > Jon,
    >
    > The board Mark has may just be some cheap hardware. It would be great
    > that RT would work on all boxes, but I'm not sure we want to spend time on
    > "broken-by-design" hardware while there's bigger fish in the sea to catch.
    >
    > The current workaround is just use noapic, although I do understand
    > that's not good enough for Mark. But I'm sure Mark has other hardware
    > he could use ;-)
    >
    > -- Steve

    Steve is correct. I have plenty of other choices. Steve, you mentioned, a "work around"
    is in -rt3. My only concern is does the current "work around" for other hardware really
    work or may I see this again with other "non cheap" hardware?

    Is there a known list of hardware this problem is seen on?

    Thanks
    Mark

      Last update: 2008-03-03 14:43    [W:0.022 / U:0.772 seconds]