SubjectRe: 2.6.25-rc7-git2: Reported regressions from 2.6.24
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 09:47:47AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > >
> > > Also, Rafael - do these reminder emails also go to the people who are
> > > mentioned in the regressions (especially people who are set up as being
> > > "handled-by" or having patches for the problem)?
> >
> > No, they don't. I need to do some scriptwork to make that happen.
>
> It would be good. Right now I know for a fact that a lot of people read
> LKML with various filters in place (or just very spottily), so I have a
> feeling that while people try to track regressions, many people are
> probably less aware of these things than they should be. And sometimes the
> "handled-by" ends up being inaccurate (maybe somebody replied to the
> original problem, but it became obvious that it was somewhere else, and
> they remain "handled-by" even though the person doesn't actually handle
> it).
>
> It would probably also make sense to add some of the bigger subsystem
> maintainers to the Cc (and/or with a mailing list for regressions?)

When I tracked regressions I also Cc'ed all submitters, maintainers of
all affected subsystems, and the people who said they'd handle the
reports.

The problem I ran into was vger dropping emails with >= 30 recipients,
which meant that I had to split the regression list into half a dozen
emails (splitted by the area of the regressions) when I tracked at about
30 regressions.

But that was one year ago when we had only half as many regressions per
release as they do now, with 2.6.25 we had a peak of 66 pending
regressions...

> Linus

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

  Last update: 2008-03-28 18:39    [W:0.071 / U:30.644 seconds]