SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for March 27
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:54:23 +0100
"Jan Dittmer" <jdi@l4x.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:32:26PM +0100, Haavard Skinnemoen wrote:

> > > Hmm...that must be a pretty ancient toolchain.
>
> That's the toolchain from back when avr32 was first integrated in the
> kernel. So it may be outdated, but I didn't read any statement on
> the contrary. I tend to keep the toolchains stable as long as
> possible.

Right...and like I said later in this thread, we should really try to
keep those toolchains working for as long as possible. So don't worry
about it.

> > > FWIW, a more recent toolchain is available here:
> > >
> > > http://avr32linux.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BinutilsPatches
> > > http://avr32linux.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/GccPatches
>
> So how can I get notified if I need a more recent toolchain?
> IMHO every architecture should have a file somewhere (in
> the kernel tree) where the required toolchain versions are
> listed and required patches are linked. That would make it
> such discussions unnecessary.

Good question. The problem is that there's really no way to tell until
someone actually runs into a problem, and when that happens, we might
as well try to fix it in the kernel.

There's no avr32 toolchain list (maybe we should add one), but the
buildroot@avr32linux.org list is probably a good bet if you want to
keep an eye on things.

Oh, and thanks a lot for doing these tests!

Haavard

  Last update: 2008-03-27 14:37    [W:0.079 / U:1.032 seconds]