    SubjectRe: What to do about the 2TB limit on HDIO_GETGEO ?
    Greg KH wrote:
    >>> Ah, there's some sanity. :)
    >> It's not so much an issue of a few tens of lines of user space code, but
    >> rather the fact that something that should be O(1) is currently O(n).
    > "should"? why? Is this some new requirement that everyone needs? I've
    > _never_ seen anyone ask for the ability to find sysfs devices by
    > major:minor number in O(1) time. Is this somehow a place where such
    > optimization is warranted?

    Well, when dealing with shell scripts a O(n) very easily becomes O(n^2).
    For the stuff that I, personally, do, it's not a big deal, but people
    with large number of disks have serious gripes with our boot times.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-03-25 22:31    [W:0.038 / U:6.300 seconds]