SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Stacked GIT 0.14.2
On 24-03-08 23:50, Catalin Marinas wrote:

>> > Not my mumbling
>>

>> Believe it was Linus. Seem to remember him saying something about possibly
>> adding a native queues-like interface not too long ago but it's proving
>> impossible to google for.
>
> It was Linus indeed, on the linux-arch mailing list:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-arch@vger.kernel.org/msg05012.html

Probably read it on linux-kernel but yes, that was the one, thanks much.
Stored it as an interesting something -- used to use quilt and although I
didn't much care for its linear nature when managing an entire tree, it
probably works out well for private topic branches. Not overly sure of added
practical value over git rebase, but I did like the simple nature of
shuffling things around by just editing a series file back when I was using
quilt. Keeps one on top of things, so to speak (<-- amusing play on words).

Moreover not too keen on using many tools do do one thing, so getting this
inside git itself sounded like a possibly nice notion.

Rene.

  Last update: 2008-03-25 00:25    [W:0.105 / U:0.016 seconds]