SubjectRe: 2.6.25-git regression with snd-hda-intel on Dell XPS M1330, no analog sound
Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:03:32 +0100,
> Andre Tomt wrote:
>> [Rafael & Matthew: this is a resend - original was sent to wrong
>> linux-kernel address. Also updated, so just ignore the earlier emails.]
>>
>> With 2.6.25-git I lost sound on my Dell XPS M1330 laptop. There seems to
>> be two issues at hand here: 1. Analog output is listed, but emits no
>> sound (just silence), and 2. Digital out device is missing.
>>
>> Issue #1 is bisected in this thread. #2 is still work in progress, and
>> will be posted as a separate thread.
>
> Please try my ALSA git tree
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git
> One patch (removing master hack from headphone pin) would fix your
> problem. At least, I have some reports that the latest ALSA tree
> works. If it still doesn't work, give the alsa-info.sh output (the
> script is found in www.alsa-project.org "Debug" section).

Yep. Analog out is working with sound-2.6.git. Thanks. What is the
commit id of the removing master hack commit?

> If the issue #2 is about HDMI, I'm afraid it won't work until Nvidia
> video driver supports the HDMI audio output.

I must admit I never tested it in Linux, and testing it now using 2.6.24
I cannot get it to work either. In the windows drivers the port is
simply labeled as a spdif output on the same codec, but I have no idea
on how this is put together..

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans