SubjectRe: PNP: dynamic pnp resources
On 13-03-08 13:04, Thomas Renninger wrote:

> I had the problem that I could not test on isa systems.

Perhaps we can go organize a fundraiser for SuSE so they can go out and buy
an ISAPnP soundcard. I have a few I can sell. I promise I won't overcharge
them (much).

> Rene Herman helped here a lot.
> There are still open issues, last state was (comment from Rene):
> ------------------------
> No. Please note we're talking about ISAPnP, not PnPBIOS. No BIOS
> involved at all.
>
> Driver (sound/isa/cs423x/cs4236.c) furthermore does not use anything but
> the PnP layer itself. Start at snd_cs423x_pnpc_detect, which is the
> pnp .probe() method.
>
> I'll look into providing a more extensive answer and/or test whatever
> comes in later.

Did look, but decided there wasn't much more specifically to add. It's
something more fundamental about the flow of things and while the comment
above is obviously cynical I did grow a bit tired of a series of patches
that just transported the OOPS two lines down again each time, so I held out
for Bjorn as well.

Still availabe for tests.

Rene.

  Last update: 2008-03-17 23:33    [W:1.500 / U:0.572 seconds]