SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Ramback: faster than a speeding bullet
Date
On Sunday 16 March 2008 16:08, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> Daniel Phillips <phillips@phunq.net> writes:
> >> It could, in a bit different location maybe, but it isn't a substitute
> >> for ordered writes.
> >
> > How so?
>
> Not sure if I understand the question correctly but obviously a pair
> (mirror) of servers running "dangerous" ramback would survive a crash
> of one machine and we could practically eliminate the probability of
> both (all) machines crashing simultaneously. However, there are
> cheaper ways to achieve similar performance and even better
> reliability - including those battery-backed (RAI)Disk controllers.

OK, so we are only searching for the cheapest way to achieve these
kinds of speeds, for some given uptime and risk level requirements.
That is a really interesting subject, but can we please leave it for a
while so I can get some work done on the code itself?

Thanks,

Daniel

  Last update: 2008-03-17 00:47    [W:0.959 / U:0.036 seconds]