SubjectTCP stack optimization for high number of connections [OT]
I'm running a front end spam filtering service and I
get a lot of incoming connections but not a lot of
volume of traffic. I'm experiencing some high loads
and I think it might be related to the volume of
connections it's processing. I often will be connected
to 2500 email servers at once and a lot more that are
trying to connect and being denied.

My question - are there any optimizations I can do to
make the TCP faster for high number of short lived
connections?

Also - how much do iptable entries slow things down
and is there any optimizations for that?

Marc Perkel
Junk Email Filter dot com
http://www.junkemailfilter.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

  Last update: 2008-03-15 16:51    [W:0.038 / U:0.032 seconds]