    SubjectRe: Aborted commands with arcmsr and 2xWD1500ADFD in RAID1
    Hello again.

    2008/3/14, Aron Stansvik <elvstone@gmail.com>:
    > 2008/2/26, nickcheng <nick.cheng@areca.com.tw>:
    > > Hi Aron,
    >
    > > Thanks for your patience.
    > > If you still got into trouble, please let me know.
    > > Thank you again,
    >

    > I have now tried:
    >
    > * Turning on/off NCQ in the Areca RAID.
    > * Turning on/off read-ahead cache in the Areca RAID.
    > * Putting the disks in anti-vibration mounts in 5.25" slots.
    > * Switching SATA cables.
    > * Using legacy ATA power connectors instead of the SATA ones.
    >
    > But I still have the problem. The power supply is 650W so there should
    > be plenty of power. There's only two Raptor disks, an Opteron CPU and
    > an nVidia 6600GT in the machine.
    >
    > The Raptor two Raptor disks have different firmware on them, could
    > that cause any problem?
    >
    > Two people who had read my post here on LKML have contacted me on
    > e-mail and have the same problem, but they have Seagate and Samsung
    > disks, and use the 1220 controller.
    >
    > The problem is hard to trigger, I've not been able to trigger it with
    > any benchmarking tool, but in ~95% of the cases I can trigger it by
    > just copying a directory with lots of small files (around 500 MB).
    >
    > Anyone else seeing this? I'd really like to get it to work since this
    > is my only computer :(
    >
    > Should I try with XFS or ReiserFS instead of EXT3?

    I've now tried with ReiserFS, same problem. My distribution didn't
    have XFS as a choice at installation so I haven't tried it yet. I'll
    try with a LiveCD that supports XFS later. The two disks in the array
    are the only ones in the system.

    Aron

    > Regards,
    >
    > Aron

      Last update: 2008-03-15 11:17    [W:0.046 / U:32.084 seconds]