    SubjectRe: 2.6.25-rc2 Regression Thinkpad acpi
    On Thu, Mar 13 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

    > > I'm also seeing regression on my thinkpad z60m where with git tree (tested
    > > again with 2 days old git) "thinkvantage" button stopped working (pressing it
    > > was previously seen by some userspace kde which run konsole).
    > >
    > > On 2.6.24 presses are seen.
    > There were no changes to thinkpad-acpi that should have caused this. So I
    > need more data to find out what is happening. Might be a problem elsewhere
    > in ACPI, or some bug in thinkpad-acpi.
    > You DO have /proc/acpi/event, correct? Please send me the debug output of
    > thinkpad-acpi when it is loaded with "debug=0xffff" as a parameter (and for
    > extra bonus, please compile it with the verbose debug Kconfig option).

    Updated to current kernel (saw it had a bunch of acpi fixes), and it now
    works correctly! xev sees the events and the mixer sees mute/unmute and
    volume up+down events.

    So I think we can lay this one to rest, thankfully.

    Jens Axboe

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-03-14 08:33    [W:0.019 / U:37.448 seconds]