    SubjectRe: How to compile kernel so it automatically reboots upon a crash instead of generating stack trace and then hang.

    Hi Prakhar,

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 23:52:00 -0500 "Prakhar Krishna" <prakhar2@gmail.com> wrote:

    > [I did search the mailing lists archives and the Web but did not find an answer,
    > apololgies if this is duplicate question]
    >
    > i need my linux box to automatically reboot if it ever runs into a
    > kernel panic/crash etc.
    > For my production evvironment, it is not desired that kernel generate the stack
    > trace and then wait there. We want it to reboot and comeback up again.
    >
    > if this has already been answered (i seriously think it should have
    > been), please
    > direct me to the answer else any details would be helpful.

    This screams 'hardware watchdog' to me, as there are situations when the kernel
    is completely hung.

    Sebastien.

      Last update: 2008-03-12 09:55    [W:0.022 / U:1.540 seconds]