SubjectRe: Unknown SATA PIIX PCI device ID 0x29b6
Hello,

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
>> Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
>>> Well, I am not sure, whether it helps, tried booting with both 1.5Gbps and
>>> this patch, it recovers now within 30 sec in both cold- and hot-plug
>>> cases. To really state, that it has improved from about 55 sec down to 30
>>> sec one would need more testing. Is this the kind of improvement you
>>> expected?
>> Not really. :-P
>>
>>> Can it be, that with this hardware it just cannot get better?
>>> Remember, the disk is an external eSATA enclosure with a (relatively new)
>>> PATA disk inside.
>> Can you try out a shorter cable? I had a lot of troubles with eSATA +
>> long cable + PMP combinations. Using shorter cable usually solves the
>> problem for me.
>
> Well, this cable is only about 50cm long, or even shorter, and using a
> shorter one would be difficult there, even if I manage to get hold of one.
> But, in principle, if this is not a generic ahci problem that needs to be
> solved, I personally can somehow live with it. Having to wait 1 minute is
> not very nice, but so far not critical.

50cm gotta be short enough. For intel ahci, it definitely isn't a
general problem but it would still be nice if we can find out what's
going on but I don't have much idea what to do next. I'll keep your
problem in mind and see whether any pattern emerges. If you find out
something new, please let us know.

Thanks.

--
tejun

  Last update: 2008-03-11 12:41    [W:0.093 / U:0.448 seconds]