    SubjectRe: [git pull] CPU isolation extensions (updated)

    Andrew said:
    > The feature as a whole seems useful, and I don't actually oppose the merge
    > based on what I see here. As long as you're really sure that cpusets are
    > inappropriate (and bear in mind that Paul has a track record of being wrong
    > on this :)). But I see a few glitches ....

    As far as I can understand Andrew is ok with the merge. And I addressed all
    his comments.

    Linus said:
    > Have these been in -mm and widely discussed etc? I'd like to start more
    > carefully, and (a) have that controversial last patch not merged initially
    > and (b) make sure everybody is on the same page wrt this all..

    As far as I can understand Linus _asked_ whether it was in -mm or not and whether
    everybody's on the same page. He did not say "this must be in -mm first".
    I explained that it has not been in -mm, and who it was discussed with, and did a
    bunch more testing/investigation on the controversial patch and explained why I think
    it's not that controversial any more.

    Ingo said a few different things (a bit too large to quote).
    - That it was not discussed. I explained that it was in fact discussed and provided
    a bunch of pointers to the mail threads.
    - That he thinks that cpuset is the way to do it. Again I explained why it's not.
    And at the end he said:
    > Also, i'd not mind some test-coverage in sched.git as well.

    I far as I know "do not mind" does not mean "must go to" ;-). Also I replied that
    I did not mind either but I do not think that it has much (if anything) to do with
    the scheduler.

    Anyway. I think I mentioned that I did not mind -mm either. I think it's ready for
    the mainline. But if people still strongly feel that it has to be in -mm that's fine.
    Lets just do s/Linus/Andrew/ on the first line and move on. But if Linus pulls it now
    even better ;-)

    Andrew, Linus, I'll let you guys decide which tree it needs to go.

    Max

      Last update: 2008-02-10 05:07    [W:4.191 / U:1.180 seconds]