    SubjectRe: [RFC] ipvs: Cleanup sync daemon code
    On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 12:38:11AM +0100, Sven Wegener wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'd like to get your feedback on this:
    >
    > - Use kthread_run instead of doing a double-fork via kernel_thread()
    >
    > - Return proper error codes to user-space on failures
    >
    > Currently ipvsadm --start-daemon with an invalid --mcast-interface will
    > silently suceed. With these changes we get an appropriate "No such
    > device" error.
    >
    > - Use wait queues for both master and backup thread
    >
    > Instead of doing an endless loop with sleeping for one second, we now use
    > wait queues. The master sync daemon has its own wait queue and gets woken
    > up when we have enough data to sent and also at a regular interval. The
    > backup sync daemon sits on the wait queue of the mcast socket and gets
    > woken up as soon as we have data to process.

    Hi Sven,

    This looks good to me, assuming that its tested and works.

    A few minor things:

    In sb_queue_tail() master loop is woken up if
    the ip_vs_sync_count reaches 10, which seems a bit arbitary.

    Perhaps its just my mail reader, but the patch seemed a bit screwy when
    I saved it to a file. I this fixed the problem I was seeing using s/^ / /

    Unfortuantely/Fortunately I am about to leave for a few days skiing,
    so if I am quiet you will know why.

    Acked-by: Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au>

    --
    Horms

      Last update: 2008-02-10 02:29    [W:0.022 / U:60.520 seconds]