SubjectRe: [2.6.24-rc8-mm1][regression?] numactl --interleave=all doesn't works on memoryless node.
On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 15:33 -0600, Paul Jackson wrote:
> David wrote:
> > It would be disappointing to see a lot of work done to fix
>
> The suggested patch of KOSAKI Motohiro didn't look like a lot of work to me.
>
> I continue to prefer not to hijack this thread for that other discussion.
> Just presenting your position and calling it "simple" is misleading.
> The discussion so far has involved over a hundred messages over months,
> and certainly your position, nor mine for that matter, obtained concensus.
>
> How does the patch of KOSAKI Motohiro, earlier in this thread, look to you?

Paul,

It wasn't clear to me whether Kosaki-san's patch required a modified
numactl/libnuma or not. I think so, because that patch doesn't change
the error return in contextualize_policy() and in mpol_check_policy().
My modified numactl/libnuma avoids this by only passing in allowed mems
fetch via get_mempolicy() with the new MEMS_ALLOWED flags.

The patch I just posted doesn't depend on the numactl changes and seems
quite minimal to me. I think it cleans up the differences between
set_mempolicy() and mbind(), as well. However, some may take exception
to the change in behavior--silently ignoring dis-allowed nodes in
set_mempolicy().

Also, your cpuset/mempolicy work will probably need to undo the
unconditional masking in contextualize_policy() and/or save the original
node mask somewhere...

Lee

  Last update: 2008-02-05 23:07    [W:0.138 / U:0.120 seconds]