    SubjectRe: [Scst-devel] Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel
    James Bottomley schrieb:

    > These are both features being independently worked on, are they not?
    > Even if they weren't, the combination of the size of SCST in kernel plus
    > the problem of having to find a migration path for the current STGT
    > users still looks to me to involve the greater amount of work.

    I don't want to be mean, but does anyone actually use STGT in
    production? Seriously?

    In the latest development version of STGT, it's only possible to stop
    the tgtd target daemon using KILL / 9 signal - which also means all
    iSCSI initiator connections are corrupted when tgtd target daemon is
    started again (kernel upgrade, target daemon upgrade, server reboot etc.).

    Imagine you have to reboot all your NFS clients when you reboot your NFS
    server. Not only that - your data is probably corrupted, or at least the
    filesystem deserves checking...

    Tomasz Chmielewski

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-02-05 08:17    [W:0.021 / U:5.368 seconds]