SubjectRe: [UPDATED v4] WM97xx touchscreen drivers
From
Mark Brown wrote:

> This patch series adds support for the touchscreen controllers provided
> by Wolfson Microelectronics WM97xx series chips in both polled and
> streaming modes.

I integrated this patch with our 2.6.24 kernel and it broke our APM-based
battery monitor, which uses an ADC channel on the 9712. Support for this
multi-function chip series seems to be in a few places; would it make
sense to have one generic WM97xx driver in drivers/mfd and stack the
codec, touchscreen, etc, drivers logically above (in their respective
areas)? In my experience with the Wolfson series a change to the sound
driver breaks touchscreen, a change to the touchscreen driver changes ADC
readings, etc, so I wanted to open dialog on what the right direction may
be as various Wolfson code starts making its way into the mainline.

Thanks,
Pete MacKay

  Last update: 2008-02-04 20:37    [W:0.563 / U:0.376 seconds]