    SubjectRe: Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel
    James Bottomley wrote:
    >>Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
    >>So, James, what is your opinion on the above? Or the overall SCSI target
    >>project simplicity doesn't matter much for you and you think it's fine
    >>to duplicate Linux page cache in the user space to keep the in-kernel
    >>part of the project as small as possible?
    > The answers were pretty much contained here
    > and here:
    > Weren't they?

    No, sorry, it doesn't look so for me. They are about performance, but
    I'm asking about the overall project's architecture, namely about one
    part of it: simplicity. Particularly, what do you think about
    duplicating Linux page cache in the user space to have zero-copy cached
    I/O? Or can you suggest another architectural solution for that problem
    in the STGT's approach?

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-02-04 17:29    [W:0.021 / U:58.052 seconds]