SubjectRe: Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel
James Bottomley wrote:
>>Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
>>So, James, what is your opinion on the above? Or the overall SCSI target
>>project simplicity doesn't matter much for you and you think it's fine
>>to duplicate Linux page cache in the user space to keep the in-kernel
>>part of the project as small as possible?
> The answers were pretty much contained here
> and here:
> Weren't they?

No, sorry, it doesn't look so for me. They are about performance, but
I'm asking about the overall project's architecture, namely about one
part of it: simplicity. Particularly, what do you think about
duplicating Linux page cache in the user space to have zero-copy cached
I/O? Or can you suggest another architectural solution for that problem
in the STGT's approach?