SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH 0/4] CPUSET driven CPU isolation
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Paul Jackson wrote:

> So we provide them some init script mechanisms that make it easy to
> set this up, which includes moving every task (not many at the low
> numbered init script time this runs) that isn't pinned (doesn't have
> a restricted Cpus_allowed) into the boot cpuset, conventionally
> named /dev/cpuset/boot.

Should the kernel refuse to move some threads, such as the migration
or watchdog kthreads, out of the root cpuset where the mems can be
adjusted to disallow access to the cpu to which they are bound? This is
a quick way to cause a crash or soft lockup.