SubjectRe: [ofa-general] Re: Demand paging for memory regions
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> Christoph: It seemed to me you were first talking about
> freeing/swapping/faulting RDMA'able pages - but would pure migration
> as a special hardware supported case be useful like Catilan suggested?

That is a special case of the proposed solution. You could mlock the
regions of interest. Those can then only be migrated but not swapped out.

However, I think we need some limit on the number of pages one can mlock.
Otherwise the VM can get into a situation where reclaim is not possible
because the majority of memory is either mlocked or pinned by I/O etc.

  Last update: 2008-02-27 23:15    [W:0.123 / U:0.224 seconds]