SubjectRe: MMC card detection
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:46:20 +0100
Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com> wrote:

> When the card is reinserted, the MMC core will try to send a
> SEND_STATUS command again. This time, the card won't respond because it
> is in the "idle" state, and the MMC core will think the card is gone.
>
> In order to fix this problem, I think I need a way to tell the MMC core
> that the card really is gone and that there's no point trying to
> communicate with it. Is there any way I can do that?

As you found out, you can. But the MMC core doesn't treat it
differently.

What is really needed is that the core should make an extra pass and
see if the card has been replaced by something else (and not just check
if it is gone). It's on my todo, but I haven't had time to implement it.

Rgds
Pierre

  Last update: 2008-02-25 18:27    [W:0.045 / U:0.496 seconds]