SubjectRe: [linux-pm] sleepy linux self-test
Date
On Saturday 02 February 2008, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> > > Yep, you are right, but that is the easy issue to fix.
> >
> > Which is why I was puzzled that you didn't start out doing it the
> > "right" way ... even just hard-wiring the dubious assumption that
> > "rtc0" is the right RTC to use. :)
>
> because this was mostly about an quick & easy hack to see whether it
> makes sense at all to automate the testing of suspend/resume.

I think you should have written "quick and dirty". ;)

It would have been easier to just use the public interface
and hard-wire "rtc0". But going directly to the hardware
was dirtier, and more in the spirit of "hack that obviously
shouldn't go upstream until it gets done properly".

- Dave

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans