    SubjectRe: TG3 network data corruption regression 2.6.24/2.6.23.4
    On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 17:14 -0500, Tony Battersby wrote:

    > Update: when I revert Herbert's patch in addition to applying your
    > patch, the iSCSI performance goes back up to 115 MB/s again in both
    > directions. So it looks like turning off SG for TX didn't itself cause
    > the performance drop, but rather that the performance drop is just
    > another manifestation of whatever bug is causing the data corruption.
    >
    > I do not regularly use wireshark or look at network packet dumps, so I
    > am not really sure what to look for. Given the above information, do
    > you still believe that there is value in examining the packet dump?

    Can you confirm whether you're getting TCP checksum errors on the other
    side that is receiving packets from the 5701? You can just check
    statistics using netstat -s. I suspect that after we turn off SG,
    checksum is no longer offloaded and we are getting lots of TCP checksum
    errors instead that are slowing the performance.

      Last update: 2008-02-20 00:53    [W:0.025 / U:213.740 seconds]