    SubjectRe: linux-next: first tree
    Hi Stephen:

    * Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> [2008-02-15 00:35:37 +1100]:
    > I have created the first cut of the linux-next tree at
    > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git.
    >
    > Things to know about this tree:
    >
    > It has two branches - master and stable. Stable is currently just Linus'
    > tree and will never rebase. Master will rebase on an almost daily basis
    > (maybe slower at the start).
    >
    > The tree consists of subsystem git and quilt trees. Currently, the quilt
    > trees are integrated by importing them into appropriately based git
    > branches and then merging those branches. This has the advantage that
    > any conflict resolution will onlt have to happen once at the merge point
    > rather than, possibly, sevveral times during the series. However, I am
    > considering just applying the quilt trees on top of the current tree
    > to get a result more like Linus' tree - we will see. The git trees are
    > obviously just merged.
    >
    > Between each merge, the tree was built with both an allmodconfig for both
    > powerpc and x86_64.
    >
    > The tree currently contains:
    > Greg's driver-core, pci and usb quilt series (in that order)
    > Alasdair Kergon's device-mapper quilt tree
    > Jiri Kosina's hid git tree
    > Jean Delvare's i2c quilt tree
    > Randy Dunlap's kernel-doc quilt tree
    > Haavard Skinnemoen's avr32 git tree
    >
    > There was only one unresolved conflict which could have been caused
    > because I was not sure where to base the kernel-doc tree.
    >
    > So, comments, please.
    >
    > Also, more trees please ... :-)

    You can add the hwmon testing tree (from MAINTAINERS):

    > git lm-sensors.org:/kernel/mhoffman/hwmon-2.6.git testing

    This tree gets rebased pretty much whenever Linus adds a new tag. As a
    rule of thumb, you should merge from Jean Delvare's i2c tree first. The
    hwmon/testing tree does not usually depend on anything else.

    Thanks & regards,

    --
    Mark M. Hoffman
    mhoffman@lightlink.com

      Last update: 2008-02-17 20:13    [W:0.023 / U:181.800 seconds]