SubjectRe: Announce: Linux-next (Or Andrew's dream :-))
On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 16:25 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:14:32 -0600 James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com> wrote:
> >
> > Do you have the tree and build logs available anywhere? I'd like to
> > turn off the merge tree builds when this is able to replace it.
>
> The tree is at
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git - or did
> you mean the logs of creating the tree.

Yes, the logs of creating the tree.

> I currently ceate the tree
> fairly manually (as I slowly script what can be) and so have no logs of
> that process.

Um, well, I've already pointed to tools that currently do this bit
automatically. Do you have a list of input trees anywhere?

> The build logs that I have some control over are at
> http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/9/. I am hoping to expand on
> the arch/config combinations over time (I have to convince my tame cross
> compiler builder :-)). I also hope that others will build this tree for
> themselves and publish the results.

Oh, OK ... by build I mean combine the trees and quilts into the actual
tree. Compiling is nice, but it's the tree construction logs I want to
see to make sure there aren't any impending merge problems. Most people
verify on a fairly constant basis that their own trees actually build.
The only problems we have are edge configurations (like arm and sparc,
which have SCSI drivers that don't build except on those architectures).

James

  Last update: 2008-02-17 15:31    [W:0.235 / U:0.072 seconds]