    SubjectLinux 2.6.25-rc2

    Ok,
    this kernel is a winner.

    Just to show how _much_ of a winner it is, it's been awarded a coveted
    "weasel" series name, which should tell you just how good it's going to
    be. It's a name revered in Linux kernel history, and as such this brings
    back the good old days where if you find a bug, you're almost certainly
    simply mistaken, and you probably just did something wrong.

    But hey, you can try to prove me wrong. I dare you.

    The full shortlog is appended, but instead of a diffstat, I'm doing the my
    git "dirstat" output which gives a nicer high-level view. This was
    generated with

    git diff --cumulative --dirstat=2 --shortstat v2.6.25-rc1..v2.6.25-rc2

    and actually gives a pretty good overview. In particular, it shows that
    almost exactly half of the updates are to drivers, with network drivers
    alone being a third of the whole patch. And of the remaining half, about
    half was architecture updates, notably to SH.

    What a cool git feature, if I say so myself. It allows me an extra half
    hour a week of just sitting back and sipping my foofy tropical drink
    (bringing my total up to about 168.5 hours of drunken stupor a week),
    since now I don't even have to try to make sense of the diffstat manually
    any more. Anyway, here it is:

    2.1% Documentation/
    3.7% arch/cris/
    7.0% arch/sh/configs/
    4.4% arch/sh/kernel/
    4.9% arch/sh/mm/
    17.8% arch/sh/
    23.8% arch/
    33.5% drivers/net/
    6.0% drivers/scsi/lpfc/
    7.1% drivers/scsi/
    4.5% drivers/sh/maple/
    49.5% drivers/
    8.1% fs/
    2.5% include/linux/
    4.5% include/
    7.2% kernel/
    2.0% net/

    which you have to admit looks very managerial, even if you have no clue
    what the heck it really contains (which is also very managerial). Now I
    just need to turn these reports into some colored powerpoint slides with
    pie charts, and then I can turn off my brain _completely_.

    But if you actually care for anything but the pretty statistics, here's
    the shortlog too. The most interesting part from a core technical side is
    probably the "struct path" cleanups that really should have been in -rc1,
    but hey, when Andrew slides a bit, I just let him.

    But "Quod licet Jovi, non licet bovi", so don't think that applies to
    anybody else.

    So sh, some driver updates, some VFS cleanups, and a random set of fixups
    for all the stuff that happened in -rc1 (and some that happened before).

    I'm optimistic that this release cycle won't be anywhere near the pain of
    what 24 was, which is why I'm just going to go off for the long weekend
    and stay at the beach.

    Be nice now. I'll be sipping my Mai Tai. With an umbrella (*).

    Linus

    (*) But in Oregon, we don't do the small cute paper umbrellas. We do the
    big serious ones, to make sure our drinks don't get too watered down!

    Ahh, the Oregon beach in February.

    ---
    Adrian Bunk (15):
    ide: fix ide/legacy/gayle.c compilation
    net/phy/fixed.c: fix a use-after-free
    [INET]: Unexport __inet_hash_connect
    [INET]: Unexport inet_listen_wlock
    [NETFILTER]: make secmark_tg_destroy() static
    thinkpad_acpi: static
    ACPI: static acpi_no_initrd_override_setup()
    ACPI: static acpi_find_dsdt_initrd()
    ACPI: static acpi_chain_head
    [POWERPC] vdso_do_func_patch{32,64}() must be __init
    [POWERPC] free_property() must not be __init
    [POWERPC] hvc_rtas_init() must be __init
    x86: make dump_pagetable() static
    make slub.c:slab_address() static
    fix module_update_markers() compile error

    Adrian McMenamin (5):
    8139too fix for Dreamcast
    maple: fix up whitespace damage.
    maple: more robust device detection.
    maple: Drop unused prototypes from linux/maple.h.
    maple: improve detection of attached peripherals

    Ahmed S. Darwish (1):
    Smack: check for 'struct socket' with NULL sk

    Al Viro (3):
    wmi: (!x & y) strikes again
    dm-raid1 breakage on 64bit
    drivers/memstick/host/tifm_ms.c breakage

    Alan Cox (5):
    ni52: Remove 278 scripts/checkpatch errors
    pata_amd: Note in the module description it handles Nvidia
    pata_legacy: typo fix
    pata_ninja32: setup changes
    sh: termios ioctl definitions

    Andi Kleen (3):
    Prevent IDE boot ops on NUMA system
    Make topology fallback macros reference their arguments.
    x86: CPA: fix gbpages support in try_preserve_large_page

    Ayaz Abdulla (2):
    forcedeth: tx collision fix
    forcedeth: tx pause watermarks

    Balbir Singh (1):
    KVM is not seen under X86 config with latest git (32 bit compile)

    Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (12):
    palm_bk3710: ide_register_hw() -> ide_device_add()
    palm_bk3710: fix ide_unregister() usage
    palm_bk3710: port initialization/probing bugfix
    palm_bk3710: use struct ide_port_info
    pdc202xx_old: always enable burst mode
    ide: remove stale version number
    ide-tape: remove never executed code
    bast-ide: build fix
    ide-disk: fix flush requests (take 2)
    ide: ide_init_port() bugfix
    ide: fix comment in init_irq()
    ide: remove stale comment from ide-lib.c

    Ben Dooks (24):
    DM9000: Fix endian-ness of data accesses.
    DM9000: Add platform data to specify external phy
    DM9000 use dev_xxx() instead of printk for output.
    DM9000 update debugging macros to use debug level
    DM9000: Pass IRQ flags via platform resources
    DM9000: Remove old timer based poll routines
    DM9000: Add initial ethtool support
    DM9000: Do not sleep with spinlock and IRQs held
    DM9000: Use msleep() instead of udelay()
    DM9000: Remove barely used SROM array read.
    DM9000: Add mutex to protect access
    DM9000: Add ethtool support for reading and writing EEPROM
    DM9000: Add ethtool control of msg_enable value
    DM9000: Remove EEPROM initialisation code.
    DM9000: Ensure spinlock held whilst accessing EEPROM registers
    DM9000: Remove unnecessary changelog in header comment
    DM9000: Use netif_msg to enable debugging options
    DM9000: Fix delays used by EEPROM read and write
    DM9000: Remove cal_CRC() and use ether_crc_le instead
    DM9000: Remove redudant use of "& 0xff"
    DM9000: Add platform flag for no attached EEPROM
    DM9000: Add support for MII ioctl() calls
    DM9000: Update retry count whilst identifying chip
    DM9000: Show the MAC address source after printing MAC

    Ben Nizette (1):
    Include kernel.h from configfs.h

    Benjamin Herrenschmidt (2):
    cs5520: remove stale comment
    e1000: Fix for 32 bits platforms with 64 bits resources

    Boaz Harrosh (3):
    [SCSI] fas216: Use scsi_eh API for REQUEST_SENSE invocation
    [SCSI] aic94xx: fix ABORT_TASK define conflict
    [SCSI] gdth: scan for scsi devices

    Borislav Petkov (1):
    ide-cd: replace ntohs with generic byteorder macro be16_to_cpu

    Byron Bradley (1):
    sata_mv: platform driver allocs dma without create

    Christine Caulfield (1):
    MAINTAINERS: update decnet and DLM entries

    Christoph Lameter (4):
    slub: Determine gfpflags once and not every time a slab is allocated
    slub: Fallback to kmalloc_large for failing higher order allocs
    slub: Support 4k kmallocs again to compensate for page allocator slowness
    dentries: Extract common code to remove dentry from lru

    Chuck Lever (1):
    NFS: Allow text-based mounts via compat_sys_mount

    Cornelia Huck (1):
    netiucv: Remember to set driver->owner.

    Dan Muntz (1):
    NFS: missing spaces in KERN_WARNING

    David Brownell (1):
    parport: section fixup

    David Howells (1):
    FRV: Fix up parse error in linker script

    David Newall (1):
    hci_ldisc: fix null pointer deref

    David S. Miller (2):
    [IPV4]: Remove IP_TOS setting privilege checks.
    [NDISC]: Fix race in generic address resolution

    Don Fry (2):
    pcnet32: use NET_IP_ALIGN instead of 2
    pcnet32: Use print_mac

    Eli Cohen (1):
    IPoIB: Remove unused struct ipoib_cm_tx.ibwc member

    FUJITA Tomonori (1):
    [SCSI] advansys: fix overrun_buf aligned bug

    Florian Fainelli (4):
    r6040: do not use a private stats structure to store statistics
    r6040: add helpers to allocate and free the Tx/Rx buffers
    r6040: recover from transmit timeout
    r6040: cleanups

    Geoff Levand (4):
    [POWERPC] PS3: Fix bootwrapper hang bug
    [POWERPC] PS3: Use system reboot on restart
    [POWERPC] PS3: Sys-manager code cleanup
    [POWERPC] PS3: Update sys-manager button events

    Grant Likely (1):
    [POWERPC] Remove unused CONFIG_WANT_DEVICE_TREE

    Greg Ungerer (3):
    m68knommu: avoid unneccessary use of xchg() in set_mb()
    m68knommu: use asflags instead of EXTRA_AFLAGS
    m68knommu: use tabs not spaces in cacheflush.h

    H. Peter Anvin (1):
    timeconst.pl: correct reversal of USEC_TO_HZ and HZ_TO_USEC

    Harvey Harrison (7):
    x86: pit_clockevent can be static
    include/linux: Remove all users of FASTCALL() macro
    remove final fastcall users
    Final removal of FASTCALL()/fastcall
    x86: include proper prototypes for rodata_test
    inotify: make variables static in inotify_user.c
    kernel-doc: remove fastcall

    Herbert Xu (3):
    [IPV6]: Fix IPsec datagram fragmentation
    [IPSEC]: Fix bogus usage of u64 on input sequence number
    [IPV6]: Fix reversed local_df test in ip6_fragment

    Hideo Saito (1):
    sh: Fix multiple UTLB hit on UP SH-4.

    Huang, Ying (1):
    x86: EFI runtime code mapping enhancement

    Hugh Dickins (1):
    [POWERPC] Fix DEBUG_PREEMPT warning when warning

    Ingo Molnar (5):
    x86: fix sigcontext.h user export
    x86: fix "BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context" in print_vma_addr()
    x86: EFI set_memory_x()/set_memory_uc() fixes
    x86: fix gart_iommu_init()
    x86: cpa, fix out of date comment

    Ivan Kokshaysky (1):
    moduleparam: fix alpha, ia64 and ppc64 compile failures

    J. Bruce Fields (2):
    nfsd: clean up svc_reserve_auth()
    Documentation: prune redundant SubmitChecklist items

    Jack Morgenstein (3):
    IPoIB: On P_Key change event, reset state properly
    IB/mlx4: mlx4_ib_fmr_alloc() should call mlx4_fmr_enable()
    mlx4_core: Move table_find from fmr_alloc to fmr_enable

    James Bottomley (2):
    [SCSI] update SG_ALL to avoid causing chaining
    [SCSI] sym53c416: fix module parameters

    James Smart (6):
    [SCSI] lpfc 8.2.5 : Correct ndlp referencing issues
    [SCSI] lpfc 8.2.5 : Miscellaneous Fixes
    [SCSI] lpfc 8.2.5 : Add MSI-X single message support
    [SCSI] lpfc 8.2.5 : Miscellaneous discovery Fixes
    [SCSI] lpfc 8.2.5 : Fix buffer leaks
    [SCSI] lpfc 8.2.5 : Update lpfc driver version to 8.2.5

    Jan Blunck (19):
    Dont touch fs_struct in drivers
    Dont touch fs_struct in usermodehelper
    Remove path_release_on_umount()
    Move struct path into its own header
    Embed a struct path into struct nameidata instead of nd->{dentry,mnt}
    Introduce path_put()
    Use path_put() in a few places instead of {mnt,d}put()
    Introduce path_get()
    Use struct path in fs_struct
    Make set_fs_{root,pwd} take a struct path
    One less parameter to __d_path
    d_path: kerneldoc cleanup
    d_path: Use struct path in struct avc_audit_data
    d_path: Make proc_get_link() use a struct path argument
    d_path: Make get_dcookie() use a struct path argument
    Use struct path in struct svc_export
    Use struct path in struct svc_expkey
    d_path: Make seq_path() use a struct path argument
    d_path: Make d_path() use a struct path

    Jan Kara (2):
    udf: fix directory offset handling
    vfs: add explanation of I_DIRTY_DATASYNC bit

    Jarek Poplawski (4):
    [AX25] af_ax25: remove sock lock in ax25_info_show()
    [AX25] ax25_route: make ax25_route_lock BH safe
    [AX25] ax25_timer: use mod_timer instead of add_timer
    [AX25] ax25_ds_timer: use mod_timer instead of add_timer

    Jeff Layton (6):
    NLM: set RPC_CLNT_CREATE_NOPING for NLM RPC clients
    NLM: have server-side RPC clients default to soft RPC tasks
    NLM: don't reattempt GRANT_MSG when there is already an RPC in flight
    NLM: don't requeue block if it was invalidated while GRANT_MSG was in flight
    NFS: fix reference counting for NFSv4 callback thread
    NFS: remove error field from nfs_readdir_descriptor_t

    Jeremy Fitzhardinge (2):
    x86/early_ioremap: don't assume we're using swapper_pg_dir
    xen: unpin initial Xen pagetable once we're finished with it

    Jeremy Roberson (1):
    HID: Blacklist new GTCO CalComp USB device PIDs

    Jesper Nilsson (1):
    cris: import memset.c from newlib: fixes compile error with newer (pre4.3) gcc

    Jiri Kosina (2):
    HID: fix processing of event quirks
    HID: add LCSPEC from VERNIER to quirk list

    Jody Belka (1):
    x86: fixup machine_ops reboot_{32|64}.c unification fallout

    Jonathan Corbet (1):
    Be more robust about bad arguments in get_user_pages()

    Jozsef Kadlecsik (1):
    [NETFILTER] nf_conntrack_proto_tcp.c: Mistyped state corrected.

    KOSAKI Motohiro (1):
    mempolicy: silently restrict nodemask to allowed nodes

    Kazunori MIYAZAWA (1):
    [AF_KEY]: Fix bug in spdadd

    Keiichi KII (1):
    netconsole: avoid null pointer dereference at show_local_mac()

    Kiyoshi Ueda (1):
    ide: another possible ide panic fix for blk-end-request

    Krishna Kumar (1):
    Optimize cxgb3 xmit path (a bit)

    Kristoffer Ericson (1):
    sh: Tidy include/asm-sh/hp6xx.h

    Kumar Gala (1):
    [POWERPC] Remove generated files on make clean

    Laszlo Attila Toth (1):
    [RTNETLINK]: Send a single notification on device state changes.

    Len Brown (2):
    ACPI: DMI blacklist updates
    ACPI: DMI: quirk for FSC ESPRIMO Mobile V5505

    Linus Torvalds (3):
    WMI: initialize wmi_blocks.list even if ACPI is disabled
    acpi: fix acpi_os_read_pci_configuration() misuse of raw_pci_read()
    Linux 2.6.25-rc2

    Magnus Damm (18):
    sh: declared coherent memory support V2 fix
    sh: add sh7722 support to EARLY_SCIF_CONSOLE
    sh: add probe support for new sh7722 cut
    sh: break out unaligned sign extension code
    sh: migor board support
    sh: make copy_to/from_user() static inline
    sh: add byte support to the sign extension code
    sh: use opcode_t and enable unaligned code for sh2a
    sh: update r2d defconfigs with usb, spi and rtc
    sh: trapped io support V2
    sh: trapped io support for r2d V2
    sh: trapped io support for highlander V2
    sh: fix ptrace copy_from/to_user() compilation error
    sh: remove maskreg irq code
    sh: add support for sh7366 processor
    sh: use ctrl_in/out for on chip pci access
    sh: fix ioreadN_rep and iowriteN_rep
    sh: fix pci io access for r2d boards

    Marcin Slusarz (4):
    IB/mthca: Convert to use be16_add_cpu()
    xfs: convert beX_add to beX_add_cpu (new common API)
    udf: fix udf_add_free_space
    slab: avoid double initialization & do initialization in 1 place

    Masakazu Mokuno (7):
    PS3: gelic: Fix the wrong dev_id passed
    PS3: gelic: Add endianness macros
    PS3: gelic: code cleanup
    PS3: gelic: remove duplicated ethtool handlers
    PS3: gelic: add support for port link status
    PS3: gelic: Add support for dual network interface
    PS3: gelic: Add wireless support for PS3

    Mathieu Desnoyers (2):
    Linux Kernel Markers: support multiple probes
    Linux Kernel Markers: create modpost file

    Matt Waddel (1):
    m68knommu: fix profile timer

    Matthew Wilcox (1):
    Use proper abstractions in quirk_intel_irqbalance

    Matti Linnanvuori (1):
    [NET]: Fix race in dev_close(). (Bug 9750)

    Michael Ellerman (1):
    [POWERPC] Cell RAS: Remove DEBUG, and add license and copyright

    Michael Opdenacker (1):
    Documentation: sysctl/kernel.txt: fix documentation reference

    Mike Frysinger (1):
    FLAT binaries: drop BINFMT_FLAT bad header magic warning

    Neil Turton (1):
    [NET]: Improve cache line coherency of ingress qdisc

    Nishanth Aravamudan (1):
    hugetlb: fix overcommit locking

    Olga Kornievskaia (1):
    NFS: add missing spkm3 strings to mount option parser

    Olof Johansson (1):
    mlx4_core: Fix build break (missing include)

    Paul E. McKenney (1):
    rcupdate: fix comment

    Paul Menage (1):
    MAINTAINERS: add linux-fsdevel to VFS entry

    Paul Mundt (21):
    pcmcia: ipwireless depends on NETDEVICES
    sh: Wire up new timerfd syscalls.
    sh: Add mach-type entries for MigoR and SDK7780.
    sh: Use max_t in io_trapped.
    sh: Clean up whitespace damage in Kconfig.debug.
    sh: Symbol exports for trapped I/O.
    sh: Handle SH7366 CPU in check_bugs().
    sh: Disable big endian for SH-5.
    sh: Fix up pte_mkhuge() build breakage for SH-5.
    sh: Fix up set_fixmap_nocache() for SH-5.
    sh: Update SH-5 flush_cache_sigtramp() for API changes.
    sh: Shut up some trivial build warnings.
    sh: asm/tlb.h needs linux/pagemap.h for CONFIG_SWAP=n.
    sh: Kill off bogus SH_SDK7780_STANDALONE symbol.
    maple: Fix up maple build failure.
    sh: Get SH-5 caches working again post-unification.
    serial: sh-sci: Fix up SH-5 build.
    sh: asm/irq.h needs asm/cpu/irq.h.
    sh: __uncached_start only on sh32.
    sh: Kill off more dead symbols.
    net: xfrm statistics depend on INET

    Pavel Emelyanov (5):
    [NETLABEL]: Fix lookup logic of netlbl_domhsh_search_def.
    [GENETLINK]: Relax dances with genl_lock.
    [NETLABEL]: Compilation for CONFIG_AUDIT=n case.
    [NETLABEL]: Don't produce unused variables when IPv6 is off.
    [NETLABLE]: Hide netlbl_unlabel_audit_addr6 under ifdef CONFIG_IPV6.

    Pekka Enberg (2):
    Add Matt to MAINTAINERS as a SLAB allocator maintainer
    slub: kmalloc page allocator pass-through cleanup

    Peter Tiedemann (2):
    lcs: avoid/reduce unused s390dbf debug areas.
    claw/lcs/netiucv: check s390dbf level before sprints

    Peter Zijlstra (10):
    hrtimer: more hrtimer_init_sleeper() fallout.
    sched: fair-group: separate tg->shares from task_group_lock
    sched: fix incorrect irq lock usage in normalize_rt_tasks()
    sched: rt-group: deal with PI
    sched: rt-group: interface
    sched: rt-group: make rt groups scheduling configurable
    sched: rt-group: clean up the ifdeffery
    sched: rt-group: refure unrunnable tasks
    xtime_lock vs update_process_times
    sh: fix xtime_lock deadlocking.

    Prakash, Sathya (2):
    [SCSI] mpt fusion: Avoid racing when mptsas and mptcl module are loaded in parallel
    [SCSI] mpt fusion: Request I/O resources only when required

    Rafael J. Wysocki (1):
    ACPI suspend: Execute _WAK with the right argument

    Rami Rosen (1):
    [IPV6]: remove unused method declaration (net/ndisc.h).

    Randy Dunlap (5):
    kernel-doc: fix fs/pipe.c notation
    docbook: move pipe and splice to filesystems docbook
    docbook: sunrpc filenames and notation fixes
    docbook: make a networking book and fix a few errors
    docbook: drop z85230 library from kernel-api

    Roel Kluin (1):
    pnpacpi: __initdata is not an identifier

    Roland Dreier (4):
    SUNPRC: Fix printk format warning
    IB/mthca: Add missing sg_init_table() in mthca_map_user_db()
    IB/cm: Remove debug printk()s that snuck upstream
    IB/cm: Fix infiniband_cm class kobject ref counting

    Roland McGrath (1):
    x86: vdso_install fix

    Rémi Denis-Courmont (1):
    [NET]: Make sure sockets implement splice_read

    Salyzyn, Mark (3):
    [SCSI] aacraid: add optional MSI support
    [SCSI] aacraid: ignore adapter reset check polarity
    [SCSI] aacraid: informational sysfs value corrections

    Sam Ravnborg (1):
    kbuild: fix make V=1

    Sean Hefty (1):
    RDMA/cma: Do not issue MRA if user rejects connection request

    Sergei Shtylyov (2):
    ide: insert BUG_ON() into __ide_set_handler() (take 2)
    ide: introduce CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_SFF option

    Sergio Luis (3):
    drivers/net/sis190: fix section mismatch warning in sis190_get_mac_addr
    [SCSI] gdth: update deprecated pci_find_device
    fs/smbfs/inode.c: fix warning message deprecating smbfs

    Stefan Roese (1):
    [POWERPC] Fix arch/ppc compilation - add typedef for pgtable_t

    Stephen Hemminger (2):
    fib_trie: handle empty tree
    fib_trie: /proc/net/route performance improvement

    Stephen Rothwell (2):
    sh: remove unneeded cast
    [POWERPC] Wire up new timerfd syscalls

    Stephen Smalley (1):
    selinux: support 64-bit capabilities

    Steve Wise (2):
    cxgb3: Handle ARP completions that mark neighbors stale.
    RDMA/cxgb3: Fail loopback connections

    Takashi Yamamoto (2):
    [POWERPC] PS3: Fix setting bookmark in logical performance monitor
    [POWERPC] PS3: Fix reading pm interval in logical performance monitor

    Tejun Heo (2):
    pata_via: fix SATA cable detection on cx700
    libata: ignore deverr on SETXFER if mode is configured

    Thomas Bogendoerfer (1):
    SC26XX: missing PORT define in serial_core.h

    Thomas Gleixner (5):
    x86: remove over noisy debug printk
    x86: EFI: fix use of unitialized variable and the cache logic
    hrtimer: check relative timeouts for overflow
    hrtimer: catch expired CLOCK_REALTIME timers early
    x86: cpa: ensure page alignment

    Thomas Horsten (1):
    [SCSI] MegaRAID driver management char device moved to misc

    Tobias Mueller (1):
    HID: add USB IDs for MacBook 3rd generation

    Tony Breeds (1):
    Fix compile of swim3 as module

    Tony Luck (1):
    [IA64] Fix build for sim_defconfig

    Urs Thuermann (1):
    [NET]: Fix comment for skb_pull_rcsum

    Ursula Braun (2):
    claw: removal of volatile variables
    netiucv: change name of nop function

    Venkatesh Pallipadi (3):
    ACPI: fix suspend regression due to idle update
    ACPI, cpuidle: Clarify C-state description in sysfs
    cpuidle: Add Documentation

    Walter T Gruczka (1):
    m68knommu: fix coldfire interrupt exit path

    YOSHIFUJI Hideaki (1):
    [XFRM]: Avoid bogus BUG() when throwing new policy away.

    Yinghai Lu (2):
    [SCSI] ses: fix memory leaks
    sata_mv: fix loop with last port