    SubjectRe: [ofa-general] Re: Demand paging for memory regions
     > > Chelsio's T3 HW doesn't support this.

    > Not so far I guess but it could be equipped with these features right?

    I don't know anything about the T3 internals, but it's not clear that
    you could do this without a new chip design in general. Lot's of RDMA
    devices were designed expecting that when a packet arrives, the HW can
    look up the bus address for a given memory region/offset and place the
    packet immediately. It seems like a major change to be able to
    generate a "page fault" interrupt when a page isn't present, or even
    just wait to scatter some data until the host finishes updating page
    tables when the HW needs the translation.

    - R.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-02-12 23:45    [W:0.030 / U:7.064 seconds]