    SubjectRe: BTRFS partition usage...

    On Feb 12 2008 09:08, Chris Mason wrote:

    >> >So, if Btrfs starts zeroing at 1k, will that be acceptable for you?
    >>
    >> Something looks wrong here. Why would btrfs need to zero at all?
    >> Superblock at 0, and done. Just like xfs.
    >> (Yes, I had xfs on sparc before, so it's not like you NEED the
    >> whitespace at the start of a partition.)
    >
    >I've had requests to move the super down to 64k to make room for bootloaders,
    >which may not matter for sparc, but I don't really plan on different
    >locations for different arches.

    In x86, there is even more space for a bootloader (some 28k or so)
    even if your partition table is as closely packed as possible,
    from 0 to 7e00 IIRC.

    For sparc you could have something like

    startlba endlba type
    sda1 0 2 1 Boot
    sda2 2 58 3 Whole disk
    sda3 58 90000 83 Linux
    and slap the bootloader into "MBR", just like on x86.
    Or I am missing something..