    SubjectRe: kernel panic on 2.6.24/iTCO_wdt not rebooting machine
    Date

    On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:11:41 -0500, Len Brown wrote

    > What do you see if you build with CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS=n
    >
    > Does it work better if you boot with "acpi=off"?
    > if yes, how about with just pnpacpi=off?
    >
    > thanks,
    > -Len

    It is not very easy to test. About bug - most probably it is related to third
    party ESFQ patch, i will drop it and then test more properly when i will be
    able to make watchdog work fine. But more important i notice - that iTCO_wdt
    is not working at all. I think hrtimers doesn't change anything on that.
    About testing, i cannot take even small risk now(and near 3-5 days) by
    changing kernel options, i set now maximum available set of watchdogs, cause
    there is noone to maintain server, area is unreachable because of snow and
    bad weather.

    Do you think reasonable to try acpi / pnpacpi with iTCO_wdt to make it work?
    Maybe just registers addresses or way how TCO watchdog activated changed on
    this chipset?

    --
    Denys Fedoryshchenko
    Technical Manager

      Last update: 2008-02-01 20:19    [W:0.023 / U:58.732 seconds]