    SubjectAre Section mismatches out of control?
    James said in a related posting that the Section mismatch
    warnings were getting out of control.

    So I decided to take a closer look at current
    status. Latest mainline with Adrian + mine fixes applied.

    Target was x86 - an allyesconfig build.
    I looked at the reported Section mismatch warnings per
    directory so see where it was looking bad.

    The list is here:

    Directory Warnings
    ================= ========
    block/ 0
    fs/ 0
    init/ 0
    lib/ 0
    net/ 2
    sound/ 3
    crypto/ 0
    ipc/ 0
    kernel/ 0
    mm/ 0
    usr/ 0
    security/ 0
    drivers/net/ 11
    drivers/ata/ 2
    drivers/base/ 0
    drivers/block/ 0
    drivers/cdrom/ 0
    drivers/crypto/ 0
    drivers/hid/ 0
    drivers/input/ 0
    drivers/lguest/ 0
    drivers/leds/ 0
    drivers/media/ 0
    drivers/pci/ 0
    drivers/pcmcia/ 9
    drivers/power/ 0
    drivers/ps3/ 0
    drivers/rtc/ 1
    drivers/scsi/ 3
    drivers/isdn/ 34
    drivers/serial/ 10
    drivers/spi/ 0
    drivers/usb/ 0
    drivers/video/ 14
    drivers/telephony/ 0
    drivers/watchdog/ 0
    drivers/w1/ 0
    drivers/dca 0
    drivers/edac/ 0
    drivers/acpi/ 2
    drivers/char/ 3
    drivers/cpufreq 3
    drivers/hwmon/ 1
    drivers/infiniband/ 0
    drivers/md 0
    drivers/message/ 0
    drivers/misc/ 0
    drivers/mmc/ 0
    drivers/mtd/ 0
    drivers/parport/ 0
    drivers/pnp/ 0

    As expected the majority is in drivers/
    And as is obvious from the above the warnings are
    concentrated on a few places:
    drivers/isdn/ has the top score.
    Then we have video/, net/ serial/ and pcmia.

    With thos four directories clean we are down with
    78 less warnings.

    The total figure for this build is 106 warnings.
    In my book things are not out of control.
    So stop complaining and lets see some fixes.

    I will look at drivers/isdn as next step.

    Sam

      Last update: 2008-02-01 11:49    [W:0.020 / U:390.816 seconds]