SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] The -rt git tree
Hello Steven,

It all sounds good!

But, I was wondering, why using the scripts to convert the spinlocks
over and over, instead of pushing only the new lock API to mainline
asap? That would save a lot of conversion complexity and sounds like
migrating the RT patch to mainline much easier. It sounds to me like a
major rename action, and as long as there is only a spinlock behind
the new API, there is a very low risk in breaking things.
Later on the rt-mutex can be integrated behind the new API. In the
mean time everybody can get used to the new locking API.
That would save complexity and improve stability of the rt-patchset,
because it does not need to be figured out over and over if there are
new locks in new code that need to be converted back to spinlocks...
(In fact we only need to focus from there on new code that use the
spinlock API, and if it is really required to use that.)

Kind Regards,

Remy