SubjectRe: Runaway loop with the current git.
> This modprobe process does try to log an error, accesses /dev/console,
> which is not initialized in the kernel at that time, and the kernel
> module loader tries the load a module to support dev_t 5:1, which
> again runs modprobe, and ...

So we have a buggy modprobe...

> Setting CONFIG_CRYPTO_MANAGER=y makes it disapper. The patch I sent
> seems to fix it.
> The bug is handled here:

We cannot go re-ordering random chunks of kernel init with unpredictable
effects including possibly making other stuff less reliable (because you
set up the console device before the console driver is loaded on a PCI
bus device). And we certainly can't do it this close to a release.