SubjectRe: [patch 0/3] [Announcement] Performance Counters for Linux
From
From: Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 13:39:43 +0100

> Given these are more obscure features, but not being able to fit
> them easily into your model from the start isn't a very promising sign
> for the long term extensibility of the design.

Another thing I'm interested in is if this new stuff will work with
performance counters that lack an overflow interrupt.

We have several chips that are like this, and perfmon supported that
on the kernel side, and also provided overflow emulation for such
hardware in userspace (where such complexity belongs).

  Last update: 2008-12-05 21:11    [W:0.088 / U:1.056 seconds]