SubjectRe: early exception error
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:

> [david@lang.hm - Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 02:21:10PM -0800]
>> I'm trying to upgrade a older dual opteron box to a current 64 bit
>> system, but I'm getting early exception errors from several different
>> kernels
>>
>> I tried the ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10 disks, and then I decided to try hunting
>> it down myself, so I took my 2.6.25 32 bit config copied it to a 64 bit
>> system and did a make oldconfig with 2.6.28 and am getting the same type
>> of error (the address changes from kernel to kernel and config to config
>> on the same kernel)
>>
>> doing a grep through System.map for the address that appears in the error
>> returns nothing
>>
>> attached are snapshots of the screen when the error happens and two
>> different configs with the same error (I tried disabling high-res timers,
>> tickless operation, and PAT, but got the same error), the 28 image is the
>> -2 config.
>>
>> where do I go from here to track this down?
>>
>> David Lang
>
> Hi David,
>
> not sure if it's the same but I've got similar errors for
> early_params being not capable to handle null passed args.
> What is the cmdline? It seems to be framebuffer related.
> But otoh I could be just wrong.

very trivial

grep -v "^#" /etc/lilo.conf
boot = /dev/sda
message = /boot/boot_message.txt
prompt
compact
timeout = 1200
change-rules
reset
vga = ask
image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.28-64-2
root = /dev/sda2
label = 2.6.28-64

I trimmed the additional boot images from this.

David Lang

  Last update: 2008-12-30 22:33    [W:0.293 / U:0.516 seconds]