    SubjectRe: RFC: Fix f_flags races without the BKL
    On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:57:06 +0100
    Sam Ravnborg <> wrote:

    > Rather than open coded mutex how about adding a few helpers to
    > set and clear the flags and hide locking there?

    There's a couple of problems with that. One being that SETFL wants to
    manipulate a bunch of flags together, so a simple set_flag/clear_flag
    interface won't do it. Beyond that, though, calls to the ->fasync()
    function need to be atomic with respect to changes to the associated

    Still, it seems that the global lock approach isn't too popular, so
    I'll get back to the drawing board once I'm theoretically not on

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-12-30 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:4.420 seconds]