    SubjectRe: Problems with fakephp
    Date
    Alex Chiang wrote:
    > * Rolf Eike Beer <eike-kernel@sf-tec.de>:
    > > Alex Chiang wrote:
    > > > I think the way forward is:
    > > >
    > > > - merge in the function level hotplug patch
    > >
    > > Sorry that I don't get the point. To PCI Hotplug core or to fakephp?
    >
    > I was talking about Trent's patch to add the "remove" attribute
    > to the pci-sysfs. Not fakephp.
    >
    > > > - wholesale replacement of fakephp with new fakephp
    > > > - schedule new fakephp for deprecation
    > >
    > > ^^^
    > >
    > > I don't think so.
    >
    > If we get function level reset as part of the PCI core, then I
    > don't see what fakephp offers us anymore.

    Why add a new fakephp if you want to remove it right after that?

    > > > - encourage anyone who wants function level hotplug to
    > > > use the 'remove' attribute
    > > >
    > > > Thoughts? Jesse, Willy, Eike, Greg?
    > >
    > > Oh yes, let's start using dummyphp ;) That one already handled
    > > the rescan long ago. But I think it's a bit outdated at the
    > > moment, I haven't touched it for month. Looks like I need to
    > > bring it back to live.
    >
    > I take it you are not impressed with my proposal? Care to explain why not?

    It's a long fight between me and Greg about fakephp. I wrote dummyphp, fakephp
    is a for of an early version of dummyphp that I never liked. So if anyone
    comes up with "fakephp can not do $foobar" my first answer is "try dummyphp".
    So if you want to remove fakephp I'm the first do support you *eg* Yes, this
    probably is mostly personal taste and not so much technical, but I'm just
    human ;)

    Eike

      Last update: 2008-12-03 18:59    [W:0.023 / U:90.096 seconds]