    SubjectRe: linux-next: origin tree build failure
    I thought about this.It can be solved by loading ipv6 module before
    RDMA_CM by specifying modules dependencies in modprobe.conf file. At
    least this solution helps in the the case when administrator want IB,
    but not IPv6.
    On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 08:13 -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
    > > After another investigation of this problem, I think that proposed
    > > solution is #ifdef as good for a first stage. IPv6 support is mandatory
    > > when we are talking about running linux in some organization. But, of
    > > course, the way how it implemented in IB stack should be changed. So on
    > > the second stage, I'd like drop out these "defines" and at the time of
    > > module initialization obtain addresses of IPv6 functions and in the case
    > > if they are present at the runtime, call them. It should be nice
    > > solution for RMDA_CM and IPoIB modules.
    >
    > I don't think this second stage sounds like a good idea. Suppose
    > someone loads the RDMA CM first, so it doesn't find the ipv6 functions,
    > and then later loads and configures ipv6. You'll end up in a situation
    > where trying to make an IPv6 connection fails spuriously. (And just the
    > ugliness of looking up function pointers isn't very nice either)
    >
    > - R.

      Last update: 2008-12-29 17:55    [W:2.484 / U:0.236 seconds]