SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] ndiswrapper 1.54 for Linux 2.6.28 Released
>> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:05:57 MST, jmerkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

> And most, if not all, of the reverse engineered and hacked firmware is
> **SHIT** and does not work properly. My bcml15.sys drivers work great --
> the Linux drivers with the crap firmware which locks up all the time and
> stops receiving packets does not even make the LED wireless display work.

The firmware used by the b43 driver for BCM43XX is _EXACTLY_ the same as used by
the Windows drivers. We are working on reverse-engineering the firmware, but
that is not workiong yet. In fact, the firmware is extracted from the Broadcom
drivers. If the firmware is faulty, it isn't our fault. Of course, our RE is not
perfect, but then we get absolutely no support from the vendor.

Your device may work better with ndiswrapper and bcmwl5.sys than with b43, but I
find that ndiswrapper dies after about 4 hours and cannot be resurrected even by
unloading and reloading the driver. A reboot is needed. On the other hand, b43
just keeps on chugging.

Larry

  Last update: 2008-12-29 06:17    [W:0.025 / U:0.024 seconds]