    SubjectRe: [0/7] Distributed storage release.
    On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 08:17:02PM +0100, Pavel Machek (pavel@suse.cz) wrote:
    > > Its main goal of the project is to allow creation of the block devices
    > > on top of different network media and connect physically distributed devices
    > > into single storage using existing network infrastructure and not
    > > introducing new limitations into the protocol and network usage model.
    >
    > So it is basically nbd on steroids?

    Kind of... In this regard any network device which transfers IO and
    related requests over the network is a nbd on steroids.

    > ...reminds me, nbd-server should really fsync data before returning success...

    There are lots of issues NBD could have at first... When I compared DST
    with AoE and NFS, Debian Lenny/Etch's nbd server crashed on startup, so
    I was not able to run my tests against it.

    --
    Evgeniy Polyakov

      Last update: 2008-12-28 14:39    [W:0.020 / U:88.776 seconds]