SubjectRe: Bug 10173 / Bluetooth on Toshiba & Compal laptops
Hi,

the module is loaded:

[root@tycho ~]# lsmod | grep kill
rfkill 11288 2 toshiba_acpi
[root@tycho ~]#

The wlan-devices works ok, it get's disabled and enabled via rfkill. But
the bluetooth-device does not get reeanbled after switching it off.

cu romal

Am 15.12.2008 23:47 Uhr, schrieb Philip Langdale:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:34:52 +0100, "Robert M. Albrecht"<mail@romal.de>
> wrote:
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> anything I can do ? Providing some logs or granting ssh access to the
>> machine to have a look ?
>
> If necessary, that would be useful. However, the first question to ask is
> actually
> related to my possibility C) - which I'm now re-evaluating as much more
> likely.
>
> If you don't load the 'rfkill-input' module, then there is no policy
> applied to
> killswitch handling. The core driver puts the device in the SOFT_BLOCKED
> state
> when the de-assert the hardware switch. rfkill-input contains the policy
> that
> decides to go one step further and re-enable the device. This module has no
> hardware dependencies so it is not automatically loaded - you must do it
> explicitly yourself.
>
> If that's not your problem, then we'll have to dig deeper.
>
> --phil

  Last update: 2008-12-23 08:07    [W:0.055 / U:0.200 seconds]