    SubjectRe: 2.6.28-rc9: USB Mouse unhappy
    On Sun, 21 Dec 2008, Parag Warudkar wrote:

    > > This sounds to me like 'usbmouse' gets used instead of 'usbhid' on
    > > 2.6.28-rc9. Many users have reported only vertical movement with
    > > 'usbmouse'. Better check the kernel configuration, if you had usbmouse
    > > disabled in 2.6.27, then disable it with 2.6.28-rc9 as well.
    > Sure enough - rmmod usbhid; modprobe usbmouse reproduces the exact same
    > problem on a working kernel.
    > But the thing is I use the same base configuration across all kernels
    > I build (sans of course the newly added config options) - so something
    > changed somewhere and now usbmouse gets used instead of usbhid.

    Could you please

    - make sure whether usbhid is used on 2.6.27 to drive the mouse and
    usbmouse on 2.6.28-rc with the exact same mouse? (either check
    /sys/bus/usb/devices or even lsusb shouldn't ideally show usbmouse
    loaded at all)
    - if so, make sure that you really need to build usbmouse (please read the
    help text in Kconfig for explanation)

    > What's the deal with usbmouse though - is it supposed to be working or
    > is it considered lost cause in favor of usbhid? May be if people don't
    > need to use it and it is not actively looked into, we can disable/remove
    > it?

    Really, please read the help text.

    Maybe we should make it dependent on EMBEDDED.

    Thanks,

    --
    Jiri Kosina
    SUSE Labs

      Last update: 2008-12-21 18:33    [W:2.215 / U:0.324 seconds]