SubjectRe: [PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-ng
Date
On Tuesday 02 December 2008 18:21:00 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:58:35 +0100
>
> Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@skynet.be> wrote:
> > > Are you meaning marking this as experimental at Kconfig? This
> > > seems too complex, since we'll need to test for some var on every
> > > driver that were converted, providing two KABI options for each
> > > converted driver (the legacy and the v4l2_device way). This
> > > doesn't seem to be a good idea, since will add a lot of extra
> > > complexity to debug bugs.
> >
> > Not at the Kconfig level, just in the documentation (and possible
> > headers).
>
> Ah, ok. Good point.
>
> > This is a work in progress. Hans wants the changes to go mainline
> > to get broader testing, which is a valid reason, but I'd like to
> > make sure people understand that more changes are coming.
>
> Maybe instead we should have a TODO list somewhere with the
> programmed changes, especially at the subsystem core.

Sure, I can add some comments outlining future developments in
v4l2-device.h and v4l2-subdev.h. The v4l2-framework document can point
to those headers (headers are easier to keep in sync when new features
arrive than documentation).

But I'll wait with this until I get Mauro's review back, just in case
there are more changes for me to do.

Regards,

Hans