    SubjectRe: TSC not updating after resume: Bug or Feature?
    On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 23:19 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Thursday, 18 of December 2008, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > >
    > > * Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Rafael, would something like this explain why we had to revert Shaggy's
    > > > patch?
    >
    > Well, I have yet to understand what the suspend-resume of the timekeeping code
    > actually does.
    >
    > The original description sounds worrisome to me, it looks like we've overlooked
    > something at least.
    >
    > > > His patch fixes the backward motion filter and I'm at an utter
    > > > loss why that would break suspend.
    > >
    > > yes, i'd love to have this commit reinstated:
    > >
    > > 5b7dba4: sched_clock: prevent scd->clock from moving backwards
    > >
    > > and the bug triggered by hibernation fixed instead.
    >
    > Shaggy said he had an idea of what was wrong, so I expect an updated version
    > of the patch to appear.

    Not really. I said I'd look at it, but all I know is that it looks like
    something clock-related isn't initialized correctly after resume. I
    don't know enough to have any idea how to fix it.

    --
    David Kleikamp
    IBM Linux Technology Center

      Last update: 2008-12-18 23:29    [W:0.035 / U:34.156 seconds]