    SubjectRe: Auto generate .config.
    Jon Masters wrote:
    > Marcello Henrique wrote:
    >> I understand that this is possible, but would not be possible to
    >> generate one .config of modules that are running to compile a kernel
    >> optimized?
    >>
    >> The idea is that the kernel of my distribution is too fat and I only
    >> generate a kernel module that I use automatically from a kernel fat.
    >> understand?
    >
    > Several people have written scripts over the years to do this. I don't
    > have one handy, but I suspect the LKML (linux-kernel) archives know.

    Greg wrote a good script in book "Linux Kernel in a Nutshell" to find a
    lot of modules used in your current kernel:
    <http://www.kroah.com/lkn>

    Take a look in chapter 07:
    <http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/lkn/lkn_pdf/ch07.pdf>

    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that I see in the past an errata about this
    script in O'realy.

    Best regards,
    Renato

      Last update: 2008-12-12 17:55    [W:4.560 / U:0.464 seconds]